JITO has taken this initiative and launched an easy education loan scheme so that students from the Jain community do not compromise on their education because of unavailability of enough financial resources.
This loan has not been introduced only for Jain students who are in need of financial help but to motivate Jain students to pursue even higher education and more ambitious career.
GUIDELINES FOR GRANTING INTEREST SUBSIDY TO NEEDY STUDENTS W.E.F.1 ST JANUARY 2015
- JELP application shall be in JATF’s prescribed format; duly filled against each point is mandatory. All required documents must be attached with the application form. Incomplete application will be liable to reject without any notice and same will not be eligible for any interest grant of subsidy by JATF.
- To avail the interest subsidy on study loan from Bank. Student must register (forms are available on website www.jitoatf.org) him/herself under JATF’s JELP scheme within 3 months from the date sanction of Bank loan for study.
- The applicant must have secured minimum 50% or more marks in all the Board/ College/ University examination starting from standard 10th onwards till the last examination an d special test etc. he/she appeared.
- Recommendation from JATF Trustee or JITO Chapter is mandatory along with application form; subsequently it will be verified by JATF Office.
- Student shall have to submit his/her claim for interest subsidy in JATF Mumbai Office along with his/her JELP registration number in every financial year during 1st April to 30th June. In any circumstances, claim submitted for the previous financial years will not be paid.
- Minimum 30 to 40 days are required to process application received in the JATF, therefore, students are advised to keep patience.
- JATF’s JELP scheme will only provide interest subsidy during the student’s study tenure and will be as follows : (Interest subsidy will be given on disburse amount of Bank Loan)
1. Total Loan Amount up to 4 Lacs – 6% Interest
2. Total Loan Amount above 4 Lacs‐ 2% Interest
- In case student is going abroad for study, then the subsidy will only be released after admission of students in the said institute an d thereafter submitting following documents to JATF office with his/her registration number in JELP.
- I‐20 Letter from University, copy of Passport front and back page and page showing visa a nd immigration stamp.
- Two copies of receipt fees paid by the student for his/her course.
- In case student obtained/received any “Govt. Subsidy”, then after deducting same amount from JEL P’s subsidy amount, balance amount will be released to the student by JATF.
- Application for interest subsidy will not be consider for student who has taken benefit / registered under JATF‐SEED Scheme.
- JATF’s JELP Committee is authorized to sanction any such subsidy on the basis of merits of the case; evaluated as per the relevant details submitted by the applicant and circumstances of individual ca se. Decision of the committee is FINAL AND BINDING to applicants.