The Minority Cell of Jito Pune Chapter was officially launched in the month of June 2016. It is the first and the only cell in the entire JITO fraternity, which is working on a day to day basis with a view to promote and propagate the rights of Jain community under the Minority status. The objective of the Minority Cell is
- To accumulate and disseminate information about the rights of Jain community under the Minority status conferred by the Central Government and various State Governments,
- To spread awareness in the community, regarding the various schemes of the Ministry of Minority Affairs, and
- To provide holistic solutions and knowledge to the community to actually avail and encash the benefits, through a dedicated HELP DESK.
Felicitation of students pursuing Masters Degree Abroad
Interest Free Loan of 8.5 Cr for Overseas Education
Interest free Loan to the tune of Rs.8.5 crores was made available to 45 Jain community students
To pursue their Masters Degree Abroad, under the Padho Pardes Scheme of the Ministry of Minority Affairs.
Total support was provided to the students through the Minority Cell, in availing those loans, by providing them the relevant information, brochures, circulars etc pertaining to the said scheme, the list of documents required by the bank, the courses approved for the said scheme, and technical and legal support, so as to make the entire process hassle free and fool proof which paid the dividends, and all 45 students presently are pursuing their Masters Degree at different Universities in U.S.A, U.K, Canada, Australia, Newzeland, Singapore, Germany and Dubai.
Issuance of Minority Certificates Free of Cost
Minority Certificates (Jain Religion Certificate) Furnished to 1200 students :-
To avail the benefits of certain schemes and to secure admissions in Jain educational institutions, Minority Certificate certifying that the students belongs to Jain religion is required. Several organizations are charging Rs. 100 to Rs.500 for issuing such certificates.
In order to facilitate the same to the students, such certificates are being issued through the Help Desk of the Minority Cell, absolutely FREE OF COST, the said work is an ongoing work and till date the Minority Cell has furnished such certificates to 1200 students.
Online Application Processed & Uploaded for Availing Scolarships
Pre-Matric, Post-Matric, Merit Cum Means Scholarships :-
Wide publicity was given by the Minority Cell through its Help Desk, regarding the launching of the said schemes, the cut-off dates, documents required for availing those schemes, procedure etc. From the current year since all applications were to be submitted online, a facilitation centre was opened by the Cell for uploading the said documents and completing the formalities of filing Online applications. Thousands of students have already availed the said facility, and even today are availing the same. Those students who wanted to file applications by themselves were provided all technical help, to successfully apply for the different scholarship schemes.
Nayi Uddan – Scholarship Scheme for candidates who have cleared their UPSC / MPSC prelims :-
Students who had cleared the prelims of UPSC / MPSC were informed and alerted regarding the launching of the said scheme and opening of online portals for applying for the said scheme, and technical help was provided to them, resulting in successful application by the students.
Upcoming and Ongoing Projects
Securing Certificate from State Government regarding Minority Educational Institution :-
- The help desk is promoting awareness and pursuing the educational institutions run by our community, to secure the status of Minority Educational Institution, so as to be able to exercise rights guaranteed under Article 30 of the Constitution of India, Siddhachalam Trust from Wadhe Bolai has approached for the said purpose and the work is in progress.
- Spreading awareness and helping Jain Minority Educational Institutions to apply for and secure grants of lakhs of rupees under various categories, which are awarded by the Maulana Azad Educational Foundation for upgradation of schools, establishing libraries, laboratories, construction of hostels etc.
- Spreading awareness amongst various Jain Religious Trusts, to acquaint them with their rights under the Minority Status, and various schemes of the Central Government like “HAMARI DHAROHAR” for preservation of Jain culture, and digitalization of our old religious books and scriptures, and financial assistance of crores of rupees being made available by the Central Government for Jirnodwar of old temples, and financial assistance for construction of community hall, Jain Museum etc.
- Spreading awareness and motivating ladies belonging to Jain community to form a Self Help Group (SHG) of 20 members, to avail the benefits of soft loans and training facilities to enable them to achieve empowerment.
- Organizing workshops to spread awareness of our rights under the Minority Status, as guaranteed by the Constitution of India.